What is the future of the People in Rural Areas which the Politicians and Policy makers generally tend to neglect. @asyarfs #asabe4dfuture
Group Hold Forum on Peace… Happening today at Nigeria Institute of International Affairs NIIA Kofi Abayomi, Victoria Island, Lagos
The president and founder of Asabe Shehu Yar’Adua Foundation, Dr.Hajiya Asabe Shehu Yar’Adua , the presidential Candidate of the All Grassroots Alliance,...
11 September 2018: At the Global Climate Action Summit (GCAS), a group of 18 philanthropic organizations signed a joint statement that calls...
- Seven Labour MPs resign from party to form independent group February 18, 2019
- UN peacekeepers failed to protect civilians last year February 18, 2019
- US woman ‘deeply regrets’ joining ISIL, wants to return home February 18, 2019
- Venezuela crisis: More migrants cross into Brazil amid standoff February 18, 2019
- Polluted black snow sparks health fears in Siberia February 18, 2019
- FROM THE FIELD: ‘Harvested’ rainwater saves Tanzanian students from stomach ulcers, typhoid February 17, 2019The students in the Tanzanian town of Bagamoyo once had to decide between getting sick or being thirsty all day long.
- In West Africa, UN Security Council visits Côte d'Ivoire and Guinea-Bissau February 16, 2019Members of the United Nations Security Council are on a mission to West Africa where they are reviewing strides made in peacebuilding by both Côte d'Ivoire and Guinea-Bissau.
- FROM THE FIELD: Survival in Yemen against all odds February 16, 2019Fawaz, just 18-months old, suffered from severe acute malnutrition and was on the brink of death. In war-torn Yemen, he was one of hundreds of thousands of children, more likely to die, than survive.
- ‘Maintain calm’ and ‘exercise patience’ UN envoy urges, as Nigeria heads to polls February 15, 2019As Nigerians get ready to head to the polls on Saturday, the Head of the UN Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS), described the pre-election period as “largely, peaceful and participatory”, and called for that spirit to prevail through election day and beyond.
- Country origin ‘best predictor of outcome’ for children with cancer, UN experts say February 15, 2019Each year, an estimated 215 000 cancers are diagnosed in children under-15, and about 85 000 cancers in those aged 15–19 years, the cancer research agency of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.