Taking Bold Climate Action could help save the Lives of the Up-coming Generation #COP24 #ClimateChange #TakeYourSeat @COP24 @UNFCCC @AttenboroughSir @SirDavidBBC
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Three-year-old twins Zyler and Kadyn Sharpe scurried around the boys and girls clothing racks of a narrow consignment store...
- Yemen’s Hodeidah truce: UN observers to monitor ceasefire January 17, 2019
- Bill to allow local governments in Virginia to decide whether to remove, maintain, or contextualize their war monuments. January 16, 2019
- Sudan police fire teargas at protesters in Kassala: Witnesses January 16, 2019
- DR Congo ethnic violence kills nearly 900 in a few days: UN January 16, 2019
- Civilians, US troops killed in blast in northern Syria January 16, 2019
- Iran: women hunger strikers entitled to medical care, UN rights experts urge January 16, 2019A group of six independent United Nations rights experts called on Iran Wednesday to urgently provide Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and Narges Mohammadi access to appropriate health care, and reiterated calls for their immediate release, as they continue a hunger strike in protest.
- Nearly 900 reportedly killed following ‘shocking’ intercommunal attacks in DR Congo January 16, 2019The UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR) said on Wednesday that at least 890 villagers were reportedly killed in the western Democratic Republic of the Congo last month, following brutal inter-communal clashes.
- Mali: ‘Dire’ humanitarian situation, ‘grave’ security concerns challenge fragile peace January 16, 2019With over 800 schools forced to close due to insecurity, and 2.3 million vulnerable people in need of assistance this year, a top UN official told the Security Council on Wednesday that the humanitarian situation in Mali “remains dire”.
- ‘Proving our worth through action’: 5 things Guterres wants the UN to focus on in 2019 January 16, 2019Despite countless “headwinds” and “ills”, the United Nations has “made a real difference” in 2018 and will need to achieve even more in 2019, as the planet faces “a world of trouble”.
- Yemen: Security Council backs new mission in support of key port city truce January 16, 2019The Security Council unanimously voted on Wednesday in favour of deploying up to 75 observers to monitor a fragile ceasefire in Yemen's port city of Hudaydah which went into effect late last month; a lifeline for millions of Yemenis on the verge of starvation.