ASYARFS Health Officers @ work with Vitamin Angels Supplements in a Local Community (Patani) Delta State Nigeria. Giving of Vitamin A 100,000UI, Vitamin A 200,000UI, and Albendazole @vitaminangels @unicef @asyarfs #asabe4DFuture
This December marks an important milestone in the history of global human rights:the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights...
Bill to allow local governments in Virginia to decide whether to remove, maintain, or contextualize their war monuments.
Virginia State Delegate David Toscano has just introduced House Bill 2377 which would allow local governments in Virginia to decide whether to...
- From pariah to demi-god: transgender leader a star at massive Indian festival January 21, 2019
- Germany bans Iranian airline from its airspace after U.S. pressure January 21, 2019
- British PM to try to break Brexit deadlock with EU concessions January 21, 2019
- U.S. calls on Russia to destroy new missile system January 21, 2019
- US government shutdown: From lawyer to bus driver January 21, 2019
- Ten UN peacekeepers killed in a terrorist attack in northern Mali January 20, 2019Ten ‘blue helmets’ from the United Nations Stabilization Mission In Mali (MINUSMA) were killed on Sunday following a complex terrorist attack against the mission’s camp in Aguelhok, in the Kidal region, northern Mali.
- Mexico: UN chief saddened by pipeline blast in which dozens were killed January 19, 2019The United Nations' Secretary-General, António Guterres, learned with sadness of the deadly explosion of an oil pipeline on Friday in Hidalgo State, Mexico, and extended the UN's assistance to the national authorities, his Spokesman said on Saturday.
- Another 170 migrants disappear in shipwrecks, UN agency reiterates call for an end to Mediterranean tragedy January 19, 2019The United Nations refugee agency, UNHCR, stated on Saturday that “no effort should be spared” in saving lives at sea, following reports of two new shipwrecks on the Mediterranean Sea, in which some 170 people either died or went missing.
- UN rights expert calls for civilian protection as fighting escalates between military and armed group January 18, 2019Calling on the Myanmar Government to “immediately reverse its decision not to allow access to all humanitarian organizations”, the United Nations expert on human rights in the South-East Asian country said on Friday, that “it’s vital that assistance is able to reach those who have fled violence in the region”.
- Thousands returning to Nigeria’s restive Borno state ‘at risk’; UN ‘gravely concerned’ January 18, 2019Amid reports that Cameroon is forcing several thousand Nigerians to return to Borno state in the country’s crisis-gripped north-east, the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) deplored the move, saying it has put lives “at risk”.